Sunday, June 24, 2012

DIY - Renovating chairs



Remember my post on the chairs that I bought from ReFurn?
Well, this week was a very tense week. I was waiting for some news - and the tension was everywhere... 
So instead of give in to it, I took the time renovating the chairs and kept myself busy :-)






Fabric (not in the picture), basic paint,  "final" color paint, wood spackle, sandpapers, brushes and lots of time....




This how it looked before I started fixing the chair's legs 
 Scrubbed off (a bit) the paint where its needed

Used my fingers to seal up the cracks 

After few hours, time to scrub off gently the spackle 
Basic color is the next step!
The next day, opened up with coffee and paint :-)





Painting the chairs with the final paint - light Baby blue :-)
The end of the second day - all chairs were painted with one layer
After the second layer - the final step: replacing the upholstery's old fabric  


My fabric!!! Gorgeous right???


That is it!
Before and after





Many many thanks to my supporting Henrik - Love you babe!!!


5 comments: