Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Waldorf Doll for Shira


My friend DileK is amazingly talent. She agreed teaching me how to make a Waldorf Doll for Shira.
It's started with her special coffee and cookies...  

We went by Karin Neuschutz's book
The doll made from polyester because wool is really expensive and very hard to fined.
   
We made the doll according to the special traditional technique by Anthroposophy.



My doll's head is to the left!
The next step is the body
And then the head
The table at the end of the first day....
The second day - we started with putting the body parts together




Sawing the parts and preparing for stuffing up the body 
Stuffing it up...

After the filling, sewing "handmade" all the parts together. 
Starting with the arms...
And after the body...
Third day - Tea, cookies and dolls!
Time to give her the face (yes, it's a she! :-))
First - the eyes...

Then - the mouth...













Next step - the hair! It can take a long time to knit the base and the hair...


 

Last step - Making her cloths.
And the same dress for Shira... Well almost the same :-)



And Ta Daaa! She is ready!


And here are my dolls 


1 comment:

  1. This is really nice!
    I think that the doll is lovely!

    I believe you will like this:
    http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/1373077_700b_v1.jpg

    I haven't tried it yet, even though my boyfriend sent it to me a while ago. I should try it pretty soon, just have to find which socks I am willing to sacrifice ;)

    Michal :)

    ReplyDelete